AISA is a non-profit organization that undertakes to advance open access to knowledge.
The mission of AISA is to:
- disseminate a culture of Open Science;
- publish studies on the implementation of Open Science principles
- provide staff training programs to promote Open Science practices in research performing organizations (universities and research centres) which have embraced the OA principles;
- engage international cooperation through networking with legal entities involved in the promotion of Open Science;
- promote participation in international research projects and grant applications linked to the association’s mission;
- raise awareness among decision makers, and in particular Italian and European legislators, to further the promotion of Open Science in research assessment and intellectual property policies.
On June 18th 2015, the first Board of Directors was elected during the general assembly chaired by Roberto Caso.
The third Aisa annual conference will be held on 9th-10th November 2017 in Milano.