AISA is a non-profit organization that undertakes to advance open access to knowledge.
The mission of AISA is to:
- disseminate a culture of Open Science;
- publish studies on the implementation of Open Science principles
- provide staff training programs to promote Open Science practices in research performing organizations (universities and research centres) which have embraced the OA principles;
- engage international cooperation through networking with legal entities involved in the promotion of Open Science;
- promote participation in international research projects and grant applications linked to the association’s mission;
- raise awareness among decision makers, and in particular Italian and European legislators, to further the promotion of Open Science in research assessment and intellectual property policies.
On June 18th 2015, the first Board of Directors was elected during the general assembly chaired by Roberto Caso.
The first Aisa annual conference took place on 22nd-23rd October 2015 in Pisa. All the conference slides and videos may be downloaded from the “Archivio Giuliano Marini”.
The third annual conference took place on 9th-10th November 2017 in Milano. The URLs of the conference slides and video may be found here.
The fourth annual conference has been held on 8th-9th November 2018 in Cagliari. The URLs of the conference slides and video may be found here.